2009-05-06

Recipe

Hello again.
(I guess I have my productive day today=)
When I did my presentation about the United States, some of you were asking for the recipe of the cookies I baked for you. It actually just came up to my mind while I was making some for my family the other day
So, there we go, the original choclate-chip-cookies-recipe of my lovely hostmom:

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels (I'm pretty positive you can use small "smarties" or "m&m's" as well, in case you don't have chocolate chips)
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

(If someone is too lazy to convert the measures, I've got measuring cups at home I let you borrow =)

I'm not sure whether I've put those links already or not, so I just do it again, they're quite amusing (at least Lisa and I think so when we are still cracking up whenever we watch it...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwA_lU1AMRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wggTSHb9RVk




Kommentare:

Sabi hat gesagt…

Well, the synchronization goes quite well with the gestures xD
Jessy, couldn't you have given me the recipes like 2weeks before?! You know that my teeth ache like h*ll now T_T
Now I'm angry! ;)

Uhm...are you going to watch the movie in 3minutes or have you watched it already? :)

Larissa hat gesagt…

So, I had a little bit of leisure this afternoon and I thought I should bake something.
Since Jessica wrote the recipe in our blog, I wanted to bake these cookies. (You should know, I love to bake and cook. Well, OK, that's an understatement... You really should imagine me standing in the kitchen, whenever I've got leisure. I can relax there.)

I need to say, it's a great recipe. I love it. *yummy* (Actually, I wanted to send you a picture, but I can't post it... At least not in the commentary section.)