2004-10-28

Oh Mirror Mirror on the wall...

...what did we do in Tuesday's lesson? I can't remember!
Mirror: First, Mr Ringeisen passed the list with the dates of the short story presentation around and you had to choose a date for yours! In the meantime, he also told you some very important things about the novel presentation (that some of you haven't heard because they were too busy with the dates of the short story presentation :-) ): how long it should be, that you should make a handout and what exactly you should mention (author, characters, place...)!
[look here!]

But, oh Mirror Mirror on the wall, what then? What did we do afterwards?
Mirror: Then you listened to Susi's & Susi's news item presentation about "The golden couple" Jennifer Aniston & Brad Pitt. They told you that Jen and Brad separated because Brad is said to have an affair with Lara Croft-Angelina Jolie. Then Susi & Susi gave you an overview about the lives of Jen and Brad and their career. Many of you found it very interesting (especially the fact that Brad could be single again ;-) ) or also sad that this nice couple wants to get divorced.
And then, oh Mirror Mirror on the wall, what about the rest of the lesson?
Mirror: Again, you listened to "Snow-White and the Seven Dwarfs" by Roald Dahl and you got the text of it from Mr Ringeisen. Most of you found it very funny, but again, you didn't get to the end! What a pity because there, I would have occurred once more! *g* And you got some homework: you should read this story at home till the end and then be able to talk about it in the next lesson!
Oh Mirror Mirror on the wall, thank you very much! I couldn't remember anything! You are my hero!

Greetings from Ina

Kommentare:

rip hat gesagt…

O students, students all at home,
I hope you liked this blog entry above.
Although it's not of glass and chrome,
The author wore a magic glove.

Ahem. Or so. It's difficult to keep rhyme and rhythm, you know. Have you tried yourself once?

Kloane hat gesagt…

Hi Marina!

I'm sorry that't I've seen only just your cute blog entry. I want to have such a magic mirror, too!!!

Where have you bought it? Or can I borrow it? Such a mirror could be very helpful, above all during "Schulaufgaben" or "Exen", if you can't remember anything.

Marina, let's make a deal: How much is the mirror per hour, or per day?! :-)

Yours Conny

Ina hat gesagt…

I'm very sorry Conny! You can't buy it (of course, it's too precious) but you can borrow it for some time (I've got more than one mirror, so I will take the others in the meanwhile)! *g*

rip hat gesagt…

If you don't mind, I'd also like to have a look now and then.
Maybe it would help me to find out what it means if a talented course looks as if they were on board the Titanic while they're writing a test ...

Kloane hat gesagt…

Hello all of you!

As I'm looking for a mirror (I only can borrow Marina's and want to have one mirror for me alone) I found an exceptional poem about a mirror. I find it is impressive and surprising. Perhaps you are interested in it, too.

Yours Conny



Mirror

I am silver and exact. I have no preconceptions.
Whatever I see I swallow immediately
Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike.
I am not cruel, only truthful -
The eye of a little god, four-cornered.
Most of the time I meditate on the opposite wall.
It is pink, with speckles. I have looked at it so long
I think it is a part of my heart. But it flickers.
Faces and darkness separate us over and over.

Now I am a lake. A woman bends over me,
Searching my reaches for what she really is.
Then she turns to those liars, the candles or the moon.
I see her back, and reflect it faithfully.
She rewards me with tears, and an agitation of hands.
I am important to her. She comes and goes.
Each morning it is her face that replaces the darkness.
In me she has drowned a young girl, and in me an old
woman
Rises toward her day after day, like a terrible fish.

*Sylvia Plath*

rip hat gesagt…

A wonderful poem - thanks a lot for finding and posting it!

Ina hat gesagt…

I really like this poem! Where have you found it?