2004-10-29

Bush or Kerry - who will win the battle???

The last lesson before our well-deserved holidays really provided a lot of variety!
At the beginning, we had the possibility to get the translation of some unknown words that appear in the funny poem “Snow-White and the Seven Dwarfs”. Besides other vocabulary items, the word “spake” was revealed as an old form of the simple past from “to speak”.
After that, we received some interesting facts about the influenza vaccine in the USA. Eva and Corinna informed us e. g. that approximately 36,000 people die from the flu every year. An amazing fact I didn't know before, did you?
What the pupils of the other course didn’t like very much was the fact that we needed their classroom in the second part of our English lesson in order to watch a film. I think this film called “Gentleman gegen Cowboy” was a great alternative for the event on Tuesday we aren´t allowed to take part in (at the University of Regensburg) (which from my point of view is a real pity L) - Thanks to the organizers who invited us first and made us look forward to this “election party” just to tell us later we can´t come! Well, but that’s not the point under discussion now – I should give a statement about the film! Personally, I liked it very much as it didn’t only compare the politics of the two nominees, but also their private and public lives.
Now, let´s see who will win the exciting “battle” on Tuesday – Bush or Kerry - and let’s all have our own little “election parties” at home!
Nice holidays
VICI

Kommentare:

Maria hat gesagt…

It was also amazing to me that so many people in the United States die because of influenza. And I am also looking forward to the election of the president. I think, you can`t already say who will win, but in my opinion, it will be extremely hard for John Kerry to win against George Bush. Well, we will see on Tuesday or Wednesday!

Anonym hat gesagt…

This is somebody from the "other course", the "Grundkurs": in fact, we were very proud that the "Leistungskurs" wanted to have our classroom ;)

rip hat gesagt…

Dear anonymous somebody,
You don't have to stay anonymous ;-) We are very nice people in this course, actually, and we don't mind contacts to "other courses" at all.

Since we now know that you didn't mind our swapping rooms, maybe we can do that more often in the future :-) Well, we'll see. (And watch).

Have a nice second half (or remaining three fifths) of your All Hallows holidays.

Anonym hat gesagt…

My name is a secret
I cannot type it
One day I will tell you
who I am
but until then
enjoy the game…

-- I'm not a born poet ;)
that's a fact --